15 MAR 2020
No. 042 s. 2020
GUIDELINES FOR THE REMAINDER OF SCHOOL YEAR 2019-2020 IN LIGHT OF COVID-19 MEASURES
To: Undersecretaries Assistant Secretaries Minister,
Basic, Higher, and Technical Education, BARMM
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd) adopted Social Distancing Measures for the Remainder of the School Year (Enclosure 1) in light of the latest developments and information on COVID-19, as well as its assessment of the remaining school requirements for School Year 2019-2020.
2. School Year (SY) 2019-2020 is already about to end. DepEd Order No. 7, s. 2019 titled School Calendar for School Year 2019-2020 prescribed the 4th Quarter Examinations for the graduating levels of Grades 6 and 12 on March 12-13, 2020. On the other hand, the 4th Quarter Examinations for all other grade levels are scheduled on March 19-20, 2020. Thus, the essential competencies specified in the curriculum are expected to have already been covered.
3. On the public health side, new confirmations indicate local transmission and possible community transmission of COVID-19. The government, through the Inter Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) and the Office of the President (OP), has imposed stringent social distancing measures and other guidelines for the management of the COVID-19 situation.
4. Given the above considerations, DepEd adopts the following guidelines for the completion of the remainder of SY 2019-2020, confirming and giving further details to earlier directives indicated in Enclosure 1:
a. The week of March 16 to 20 is designated as the examination week in all DepEd schools for any remaining 4th Quarter Examinations. Schools should schedule these on staggered basis during the said week, in order to maximize and abide by social distancing protocols of the Department of Health (DOH). Students shall only come to school scheduled on stagger on the day of their respective examination schedules.
b. In areas where classes have been suspended by the relevant national or local authorities for the week of March 16 to 20 and thus preventing the holding of the scheduled 4th Quarter Examination, such as in NCR and in areas where local government units have suspended classes, the 4th Quarter Examination will no longer be administered. The affected schools shall apply the grading formula in paragraph 5 hereof, for the computation of the final grades for the 4th quarter.
– page 1 –
To read the full DepEd Memorandum, kindly click the link below
- DepEd says Schools may Reschedule or Forego the Holding of the Rites
- Award Certificate for Notable Pupils | EOSY 2019-2020
- Schedule of End of School Year Rites for SY 2019-2020