Schools are now suspending classes on March 9, Monday, after DOH confirmed last Friday the first locally transmitted Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) case.
Moreover on the following day, the reported 6th case is the patient’s wife after contact tracing activities were prompted.
DOH has then raised the COVID-19 Alert System to Code Red sublevel 1.
According to the Secretary of Health Francisco Duque, a Code Red sublevel 1 is a preemptive call to ensure national and local government and public and private healthcare providers can prepare for possible increase in suspected and confirmed cases.
In response to the increasing threat of COVID-19, classes on Monday and Tuesday, in some cases, are suspended in selected places. Here are the list:
- Navotas City: all levels, public and private
- San Juan City: all levels, public and private
- Marikina (until Wednesday, March 11): all levels, public and private
- Pasay City – all levels, public and private on Monday, March 9, and Tuesday, March 10
- Quezon City – Bagong Lipunan Crame Elementary School and High School only on Monday, March 9
- Cainta, Rizal – all levels, public and private (until Tuesday, March 10)
- Taytay, Rizal – all levels, public and private
- Manila Tytana Colleges (No classes on Monday, March 9)
- Trinity University of Asia (No classes on Monday, March 9)
- Assumption College (No classes until Tuesday, March 10)
REFRESH this page for updates.
- #WALANG PASOK: Class Suspension on March 10 (Tuesday) due to COVID-19
- How to Stay Safe against Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
- Award Certificate for Notable Pupils | EOSY 2019-2020
- Schedule of End of School Year Rites for SY 2019-2020