If you are a member or a pensioner of Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) and was affected by the recent typhoon, Ulysses and Rolly, you may opt to apply for the GSIS emergency loan.
“Marami sa ating mga miyembro at pensiyonado ang naapektuhan ng mga nagdaang bagyo at gusto naming bigyang ginhawa ang kanilang sitwasyon kaya naman inaalok namin sila ng emergency loan,” GSIS President and General Manager Rolando Ledesma Macasaet said.
“Members and pensioners may borrow Php20,000 under the GSIS Emergency Loan Program. The loan is payable in 36 equal monthly instalments at only 6% interest rate,” said Macasaet.
Who can apply for the emergency loan?
• members who are in active service
• not on leave of absence without pay
• no pending administrative or criminal case
• have a net take-home pay of not lower than Php5,000 after all required monthly obligations have been deducted
• Members who have paid three-month premium prior to application
• No existing calamity loan related to COVID 19 Emergency Loan Program (If you already availed the COVID 19 Loan, are still qualified to apply for the Multi-Purpose Loan)
• Old-age and disability pensioners are qualified to apply for emergency loan if their resulting net monthly take-home pension after loan availment is at least 25% of their basic monthly pension.
If you have an existing loan that are due and demandable ((have arrears of over six months), you are now allowed to renew your previous emergency loan from a different calamity (excluded under the COVID-19 Emergency Loan Program).
How can you apply for the emergency loan?
Download application form: https://www.gsis.gov.ph/downloadable-forms
• File your applications electronically: via the pension fund’s web-based facility, the Electronic GSIS Member Online (eGSISMO), through email or via droboxes located in the lobbies of GSIS offices.
• If you opt to use email in filing the application, send the requirements to the designated email addresses of branch offices covering the agencies of active members and place of residence of pensioners. Read: https://www.gsis.gov.ph/advisory-on-the-new-email-addresses-of-gsis-offices/
• Borrowers, except pensioners, may also opt to file their loan application through the GSIS Wireless Automated Processing System (GWAPS) kiosks in all GSIS branches, Department of Education offices, provincial capitols, city halls, Robinsons Malls and selected SM Supermalls.
All applications are subject to APPROVAL by the authorized officers of the members’ employer. Once the application is approved, the loaned amount shall be credited directly to the borrower’s Unified Multi-Purpose ID/ or temporary eCard account.
For GSIS contact details: https://bit.ly/3m19TMC